LGBTQ PrideLIne Durham Helpline
If you are in crisis and calling outside of Prideline Durham's hours of operation, please contact the Distress Centre Durham 24 Hour Helpline at 905-430-2522 or 1-800-452-0688.
Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, Distress Centre Durham as lead agency of a community collaboration is launching a LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered and questioning) helpline in the summer of 2011.
The helpline, known as Prideline Durham is aimed at providing emotional support, crisis intervention, and community referral information specific to the concerns and issues of the LGBTQ community in Durham Region.
Who Calls Us?
People who are:
- Questioning or confused about their sexual identity or orientation
- Experiencing troubling or suicidal thoughts who may be identified as LGBTQ
- Experiencing bulling or isolation and feel that this may be a reaction to their sexual identity or orientation
- At risk of homelessness or other dangerous situations due to disclosing their sexual orientation (may be asked to leave the home)
- Are experiencing problems at work due to their LGBTQ status
- Are being "Gay Bashed"
- Are a parent or sibling of someone who is LGBTQ identified and you have questions or simply need to talk about how you are feeling
- Are looking for referrals to LGBTQ "friendly" services
- Are a professional and looking for more information on LGBTQ issues
For more information, please contact our office.
at (905) 430 3511.
We are very grateful for the support from: