24 Hour Telephone helpline service
Our specially trained volunteer team is made up of men and women 18 and older who are non-judgmental, empathetic, caring individuals who share the desire to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the Durham Region Community!
- These specially trained volunteers provide:
- emotional support and encouragement
- crisis management
- suicide risk assessment
- community resource / referral information
- emergency intervention
The Helpline is a good community resource to provide referral information pertaining to appropriate inquiries from the callers. The Helpline is available to the callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year!
- Our callers discuss issues and feelings related to:
- all varieties of relationships
- mental health issues
- loneliness and or isolation
- addiction issues
- abuse / violence
These are just some of the issues. "Any issue, feeling or problem that impacts on your sense of well being is worth talking about. No one should be alone when dealing with difficult or challenging issues."