Distress Centre Durham Updates
2016 Basic Training Dates Announced!
Our helpline dates for 2016 are now available. Click here for the flyer
12th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness
The 12th Annual Walk was held on Saturday, September 10, 2016. Thank you to everyone who came out in support. We raised over $28,000 to support our programs! Please click for the Community Partner Thank You and our Corporate Supporters.
The Board of Directors for Distress Centre Durham extends its deepest gratitude for the $5,000 Memoriam Donation received in honour of the late Garth Andrew Hardie, beloved son, brother, uncle and friend; Norval and Vivian Fleming, loving parents and grandparents; and Orma Hardie (Fleming), a dear mom and grandma. This generous contribution will help us to continue to provide support to individuals and families in our community!
DCD is grateful to the following businesses for their support of our fundraisers in 2015:
- Cedarhurst Golf Club, Beaverton
- Durham Homestyle Gourmet Catering, Port Perry
- Durham Reading Centre, Whitby
- Hakim Optical, Toronto
- Highfields Country Inn and Spa, Zephyr
- KX 96/CKDO Durham Radio Inc., Oshawa
- MacAskill Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, Whitby
- Nice Bistro, Whitby
- Ontario Science Centre, Toronto
- Power Yoga Canada, Oshawa
- TruBliss Yoga Studio, Courtice
- Oshawa Generals
- Great Blue Heron Charity Casino, Port Perry
- The Rick Mercer Report, Toronto
- Almost Perfect Head Office, Whitby
- Canadian Tire, Gibb St. Oshawa
- Boston Pizza, North Oshawa
- Canadian Tire, Bowmanville
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Bowmanville
- Vera Malitskaya Design
As part of our 2015 Service Club Campaign, Distress Centre Durham extends a big thank you to the Pickering Rotary for their generous donation of $1000 to support our programming.
A big thank you to Deer Creek for hosting us for their Charity Golf Tournament! Please see our thank-you here.
Our Lights Stay On Campaign
For many people, coping is most difficult during the night. That's why our helpline operates 24/7. Click here for more info including how to donate and help us keep our lights on.