Distress Centre Durham Updates
The Board of Directors for Distress Centre Durham extends its deepest gratitude for the $5,000 Memoriam Donation received in honour of the late Garth Andrew Hardie, beloved son, brother, uncle and friend; Norval and Vivian Fleming, loving parents and grandparents; and Orma Hardie (Fleming), a dear mom and grandma. This generous contribution will help us to continue to provide support to individuals and families in our community!
DCD is grateful to the following businesses and individuals for their support of our 2015 Suicide Walk:
- Tom's No Frills
- Maple Leaf Foods
- Councillor Lorne Coe
- Whitby Mayor Don Mitchell
DCD is grateful to the following businesses for their support of our fundraisers in 2015:
- Cedarhurst Golf Club, Beaverton
- Durham Homestyle Gourmet Catering, Port Perry
- Durham Reading Centre, Whitby
- Hakim Optical, Toronto
- Highfields Country Inn and Spa, Zephyr
- KX 96/CKDO Durham Radio Inc., Oshawa
- MacAskill Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, Whitby
- Nice Bistro, Whitby
- Ontario Science Centre, Toronto
- Power Yoga Canada, Oshawa
- TruBliss Yoga Studio, Courtice
- Oshawa Generals
- Great Blue Heron Charity Casino, Port Perry
- The Rick Mercer Report, Toronto
- Almost Perfect Head Office, Whitby
- Canadian Tire, Gibb St. Oshawa
- Boston Pizza, North Oshawa
- Canadian Tire, Bowmanville
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Bowmanville
- Vera Malitskaya Design
A big thank you to Deer Creek for hosting us for their Charity Golf Tournament! Please see our thank-you here.
2016 Basic Training Dates Announced!
Our helpline dates for 2016 are now available. Click here for the flyer
2015 Basic Training Dates!
Please consider joining our dynamic team of volunteer helpline workers. Click here for the flyer
Our Lights Stay On Campaign
For many people, coping is most difficult during the night. That's why our helpline operates 24/7. Click here for more info including how to donate and help us keep our lights on.
Thank you - 10th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness
Thank you to those who supported our 10th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness. Thanks to your support, we raised over $30,000!
The 11th Annual Walk will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2015!
Meeting Room Makeover
On behalf of the nearly 9000 callers, clients, staff, board, and volunteers of Distress Centre Durham, we sincerely thank Sue Pitchforth of Room for Change. Thanks to her amazing friends and volunteers, and Don Pittman and his family who took part in this dramatic makeover! Click here for the thank you flyer.