Distress Centre Durham Updates
Distress Centre Durham is now a Charity Partner of ChangeIt! This is a new way to give while making everyday purchases. ChangeIt lets you automatically round up your purchases and donate the difference to us! For example, if you pay $2.82 for a large coffee using your BMO and RBC Credit Card or select Credit Union Debit Card*, $0.18 will be rounded up and given to Distress Centre Durham .
At the end of each month, you will receive a donation notification directly to your inbox to let you know how much you contributed in the previous cycle. At the end of each year, you'll also receive an Official Donation Receipt for Income Tax Purposes from Distress Centre Durham for every penny you donate!
If you're a BMO and RBC Credit Card or select Credit Union Debit Card* holder and would like to support Distress Centre Durham through ChangeIt, here's how you can get started:
- Sign up your BMO and RBC Credit Cards or select Credit Union Debit Cards* at ChangeIt.com
- Select Distress Centre Durham and set your rounding limits
- Use your BMO and RBC Credit Cards or select Credit Union Debit Cards* and start making a difference
- Tom's No Frills
- Maple Leaf Foods
- Councillor Lorne Coe
- Whitby Mayor Don Mitchell
- Cedarhurst Golf Club, Beaverton
- Durham Homestyle Gourmet Catering, Port Perry
- Durham Reading Centre, Whitby
- Hakim Optical, Toronto
- Highfields Country Inn and Spa, Zephyr
- KX 96/CKDO Durham Radio Inc., Oshawa
- MacAskill Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, Whitby
- Nice Bistro, Whitby
- Ontario Science Centre, Toronto
- Power Yoga Canada, Oshawa
- TruBliss Yoga Studio, Courtice
- Oshawa Generals
- Great Blue Heron Charity Casino, Port Perry
- The Rick Mercer Report, Toronto
- Almost Perfect Head Office, Whitby
- Canadian Tire, Gibb St. Oshawa
- Boston Pizza, North Oshawa
- Canadian Tire, Bowmanville
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Bowmanville
- Vera Malitskaya Design
The Board of Directors for Distress Centre Durham extends its deepest gratitude for the $5,000 Memoriam Donation received in honour of the late Garth Andrew Hardie, beloved son, brother, uncle and friend; Norval and Vivian Fleming, loving parents and grandparents; and Orma Hardie (Fleming), a dear mom and grandma. This generous contribution will help us to continue to provide support to individuals and families in our community!
Thank you - 11th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness
Thank you to those who supported our 10th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness. Thanks to your support, we raised nearly $30,000!
The 12th Annual Walk will be held on Saturday, September 10, 2016!
DCD is grateful to the following businesses and individuals for their support of our 2015 Suicide Walk:
DCD is grateful to the following businesses for their support of our fundraisers in 2015:
A big thank you to Deer Creek for hosting us for their Charity Golf Tournament! Please see our thank-you here.
2016 Basic Training Dates Announced!
Our helpline dates for 2016 are now available. Click here for the flyer
Our Lights Stay On Campaign
For many people, coping is most difficult during the night. That's why our helpline operates 24/7. Click here for more info including how to donate and help us keep our lights on.